CTP Events LLC is happy to announce the formation of the Connecticut Flex Series for the 2022 disc golf season. The goal of the series is to provide players of all skill levels with the opportunity to play shorter PDGA sanctioned events throughout Connecticut. Any proceeds generated by the series will be used to support other tournaments being run within the state. Whether you are an experienced Pro or never played a tournament before, the Connecticut Flex Series is for you!
The series will consist of a minimum of 10 PDGA sanctioned C Tier events per season. Events will be run between March 15th and October 31st each season, with a culminating gathering for awards after the last event of the season has concluded. Players will earn points at each event they participate in. At the end of the season, the top finishers in each division will earn a payout based on the total points earned.
Here are the important details you should know:
- Each event will consist of a single PDGA sanctioned round
- Players will select a tee time at registration, meaning you can bring your friend to their first tournament and play with them
- Entries for all events will be $20 per player (*unless a course requires a greens fee)
- Pro’s will play for cash while Amateurs will receive a player pack of their choosing at every event
- $2 per entry at every event will be donated to the course fund of the hosting course
Full details on the series can be found in our point series charter.
The first event will be held at Panthorn on Sunday 4/10/22. Registration will open Tuesday 3/8/22 via Disc Golf Scene. We also have events scheduled at Norbrook and Tower Ridge in May. We have already reached out to the course contacts for 10 other locations and will be adding more events in the coming weeks. The full schedule can be found on our website.
Make sure to follow @ctpeventsdg on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on current news for the Flex Series as well as other events we are running in 2022.